Cancer Fighting Vegan Cheesecake Recipe
In this NB we’re looking a bit closer to the connection between diet and the big, C…
As well as providing a delish but healthier version of cheesecake that’s packed with a variety of antioxidants and other nutrients that make eating for health and working to prevent c*ncer even easier!
We’re sure you know c*ncer is a leading cause of death worldwide, but did you know that more than bad luck or genetics, c*ncer is a dietary disease?
Research shows that up to 90% of c*ncers are a result of poor eating habits.
As recommended by the ACS (American C*ncer Society), plant-based and nutrient dense foods should be the main component for an anti-c*ncer diet.
On the other hand, they recommend that refined grains, refined sugar, processed food and red meat be limited or altogether eliminated. That’s because they are known carcinogens. 
At least as vegans or vegetarians, you have a step up on that front, right!
But what about the processed foods and sugar? Too many people on “healthy” diets fall victim to over-consumption of these ones.
C*ncer is a terrible killer that thousands succumb to daily, but you can empower yourself by knowing what foods cause it and what foods prevent it.
Start by following these three tips
- Eating a variety of plants: A consistent diet containing a wide variety of plant-based foods such as tomatoes, mushrooms, berries, nuts and dark leafy greens gives you a range of c*ncer-preventing antioxidants that can cut your c*ncer risk in half. (We know you eat plants, but VARIETY is the key here.)
- Eating for your genes: There are certain foods you can eat to enhance your tumor suppressing genes.
- Eating the right foods at the right times: What you eat is important but when you eat is just as important for preventing c*ncer.
To help you on your path to eating to avoid this devastating disease, we’re excited to share a recipe from our really good friend Nathan Crane, creator and host of the Conquering C*ncer Summit, and The Missing Link.
As he’s shared many times before, one of the ultimate tools you can use to prevent and fight c*ncer is “antioxidants”.
Antioxidants are molecules that combat oxidation in our bodies. This is crucial because too much oxidation, or “oxidative stress”, leads to increased risk of DNA damage, heart disease and…you guessed it: c*ncer.
Vitamin C and Vitamin E are the 2 best known c*ncer-fighting antioxidants, along with carotenoids, a precursor to Vitamin A.
Per the Mayo Clinic, “other naturally occurring antioxidants include flavonoids, tannins, phenols and lignans.” 
Where can we find these incredible c*ncer-fighting warriors? Plant-based foods, of course!
Just look at how many antioxidants are packed in the ingredients of the c*ncer-fighting cheesecake recipe below:
Vitamin C: Coconut milk, lemon
Vitamin E: Coconut milk, almonds, walnuts
Carotenoids: Dates, cashews
Phenols: Dates, cinnamon, lemon, cashews, almonds, walnuts
Aren’t plants amazing?! Whole grains, veggies, fruit, spices, nuts and seeds (including cacao beans, which are actually seeds!) all contain antioxidants…
Which is just one of the many reasons why it’s so vital to get a large quantity and variety of plant based foods in your diet.
And we can think of no better place to start that with a scrumptious vegan dessert Nathan shared with us!
Health-Wise Berry Nut Vegan Cheesecake
1/2 cup raw, organic almonds
1 cup pitted organic dates, soaked in warm water
1 cup raw, organic walnuts
1 TSP Ceylon cinnamon
1 pinch of sea salt
2 cups raw cashews, soaked in water overnight and rinsed
1 organic lemon, juiced (or 1 TBSP bottled lemon juice)
1/4 cup organic, cold-pressed coconut oil
1/2 cup full-fat canned coconut milk (include the cream)
1/4 cup honey or agave nectar. (Liquid stevia may also be used)
1 TSP pure, unsweetened vanilla extract
- Line a 9” spring-form pan with parchment paper.
- Place the drained and rinsed dates into a food processor or blender. Blend until soft, then set. Set aside in a bowl.
- Now add the almonds, walnuts, cinnamon and sea salt to the food processor or blender. Process until you have a meal-like texture.
- Add the dates back in with the nut meal. Mix together until a dough-like mixture is formed.
- Press the mixture into your lined pan. Make sure it’s pressed firmly and evenly. Place the pan in the freezer.
- Add all the filling ingredients to a food processor or blender.
- Mix until your mix is silky smooth. (A hand mixer is fine, too)
- Take your freezer-chilled base out of the freezer and fill it with the cashew “cream cheese” mixture.
- Let it set in the freezer for approximately 5 hours to firm up (But not much longer, as you don’t want it to completely freeze!)
- Garnish with mint, your choice of berries or the blueberry sauce.
Of course it’s not ALL about diet…
In fact, over the years Nathan has learned even more about underlying causes of c*ncer…
And that’s exactly what led him to create the amazing docuseries, The Missing Link which is going to be streaming LIVE, at not cost, very soon!
In this incredible series, you’ll see well-known experts you know from many popular media outlets, including Oprah, NBC, Fox, GMA, The Today Show and more…
And you’ll discover exactly how to reactivate your body’s “anti-c*ncer defense system”
You can watch the powerful, 4-minute trailer using any of the links above, or by clicking below.
If you or someone you know values c*ncer prevention…
Or (hopefully not) is battling c*ncer themselves…
You don’t want to miss this info-packed, practical event.
Meanwhile, MAKE THAT CHEESECAKE!
Be sure to let me know how it turns out.