No Bake Gingerbread Cake
This NB features a delicious, sugar-free vegan recipe you’re sure to love… And it doesn’t require baking! Read on to be reminded why avoiding too much refined sugar is a great step towards health.
Everybody loves sweets, but the aftereffects are terrible. It rots our teeth and leads to a whole host of chronic, sometimes life-threatening diseases.
The health risks of sugar are many:
1. Diabetes – Millions around the world suffer from diabetes, which is a silent but deadly disease and has a very high fatality rate. The reason is the sugar that we consume through sweets, simple carbohydrates like rice, flour, desserts, and even some fruits.
2. Weight gain – Sugar-sweetened beverages like soda, desserts, and the sugar hidden in processed foods have been established as a major reason for weight gain in children and adults. Excessive consumption of sugars like fructose, which is found in starchy foods like fries, causes your body’s hormonal balance to become dysfunctional. It no longer processes fat efficiently and causes weight gain.
3. Autoimmune disorders – Are you suffering from acne, dandruff, rosacea, or dermatitis? The origin of autoimmune disorders is unknown, but sugar plays a big role in feeding the yeast and abnormalities that cause it. It deregulates your body hormones and causes an imbalance, which affects the immune system.
4. Mental health – Eating a diet laden in sugars will give you an instant rush after a meal, and a huge fall a few hours later. The up and down spike of blood sugar levels can severely impact your mood.
Now that we’ve driven home why sugar-free treats are better choices…
Here’s that recipe, hot off the presses from our friend Jonathan’s new collection, 22 Sugar-Free Desserts: The Tastiest Way to Good Health
NO BAKE GINGERBREAD CAKE
- 3/4 cup Almond Flour
- 3/4 cup Pecans
- 3/4 cup Walnuts
- 2 tbsp Natural Coconut Butter
- 2 to3 tbsp Homemade Date Paste
- 3/4 to 1 cup Coconut Milk Full Fat
- 1 tbsp Cashew/Hazelnut But
- 2 tbsp Linseeds
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence (natural)
- 1 tbsp Gingerbread Spice
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 2 tbsp Desiccated Coconut
- Soak cashews in hot water for a minimum of 40 minutes.
- In a food processor, grind pecans, walnuts, and linseeds into really small pieces.
- For the base, mix ground nuts together with the date paste, almond flour, 1 tbsp coconut butter, ¼ cup desiccated coconut, linseeds, 1 tbsp cinnamon and nut butter.
- Press base into a lined/greased/non-stick round cake tin until really firm. Transfer into freezer for about 20 minutes.
- To create the filling, in a food processor or high speed blender mix together soaked cashews with a little bit of the water they have been soaking in, coconut milk, cayenne, gingerbread spice, nutmeg, 1 tbsp coconut butter, and vanilla essence. Blend until thick but smooth, no chunks left.
- Remove base from freezer and pour batter into the mold/tin. Add back into freezer for another 45 minutes, minimum.
- Garnish with desiccated coconut.
- Store in the freezer.
This is just one of 22 VEGAN and sugar-free recipes in Jonathan’s new digital book. And you get it at no cost, yay!
You’ll get 21 MORE delicious recipes like Cashew Butter Fudge… Persian-Style
Stuffed Dates… Healthy Gelato (3 Ways)!
He’s carefully chosen each one for optimum decadence…And health rewards. Win–win, baby!
Enjoy, and be sure to let us know your favorite.