[RECIPE] Quick Anti-Inflammatory Soup
Inflammation…The “root of all disease”. What better way to fight it than with a delicious, easy-to-make (vegan) soup?
Recipe below. 🥗
Spinach, Broccoli, and Cilantro Soup
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 leek, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 head of broccoli
- 2 bunches spinach, trimmed
- ¾ cup cilantro leaves
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Sea salt to taste
1. In a pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat, add leek and saute for about 10 minutes or until the leeks are crispy.
2. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
3. Add the vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
4. Add the broccoli, cover, and simmer until the broccoli is tender, 11-13 min.
5. Remove from the heat and add the spinach leaves, half the cilantro, lemon juice and sea salt.
6. Carefully transfer the soup to a blender and puree until smooth, working in batches.
7. Divide the soup among bowls and top with the crispy leeks and remaining cilantro
For more great anti-inflammatory recipes…
As well as more in-depth info on the power of food to combat chronic and developing inflammation…
After you make this fab soup, please send us a photo and let us know how much you loved it!