VEGAN RECIPE: Easy Mushroom Tacos With Avocado Crema
We know how much you loooooove recipes so… Here’s a great new one from our friend Brian Vaszily and his A-MA-ZING new eCookbook called 24 Best Easy, Delicious, Antioxidant-Loaded PLANT-BASED Recipes.
Easy Mushroom Veggie Tacos With Avocado Crema
These tacos use mushrooms as the main “meat” and roasts them with a fragrant spice mix to bring out their flavor.
You can top them with fresh herbs, pickled onions, and any other toppings of your choosing.
The Stars of the Show: Mushrooms are full of many more nutrients than most people realize.
They are high in fiber, rich in B vitamins, and packed with antioxidants that support immune function and may help protect you from neurodegenerative diseases.
Avocado adds a healthy source of fat, vitamin C, vitamin E, and potassium. (1)
1 pound mixed mushrooms (portobello, chanterelle, cremini, etc.), sliced
1 organic red bell pepper, sliced
½ onion, sliced
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon onion powder
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons coconut sugar
1 teaspoon sea salt (optional) – use ½
teaspoon lemon pepper if avoiding salt
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
Organic whole grain or corn tortillas or leafy greens wraps (like organic kale or collards)
1 large avocado
¼ cup light coconut milk
1 tablespoon lime juice
¼ teaspoon sea salt (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F.
2. Mix the spices, coconut sugar, and salt (or lemon pepper, if avoiding salt) together in a small bowl. Combine the mushrooms, onions, and peppers and toss them with the lime juice, and spice mix.
3. Spread mushrooms and veggies out in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet and roast until tender and crisp, about 20-25 minutes.
4. When the veggies are almost done, combine all ingredients for the avocado crema in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
5. Build your tacos with tortillas, the veggie mix, any extra toppings, and the avocado crema.
I’m actually growing my own mushrooms right now and as soon as they are ready to harvest I am making this very recipe! #happydance
Though, on second thought I might have to run down to the farmer’s market, cuz I may not be able to wait that long. 😀
Remember, this is just one out of many from our dear friend Brian Vaszily at The Art of Anti-Aging and his FREEEE new eCookbook, 24 Best Easy, Delicious, Antioxidant-Loaded PLANT-BASED Recipes…
Each of these 24 recipes is delicious and also focused on using true plant superfoods… (and cuz he loves us, y’all can get it at no cost, yay)nBoNb2BA2lYousTJ
Please, please please write in to let me know the variations you made that you loved the most.
Customer Happiness Manager