Recipe! Brain-Healthy Broccoli Farinata
Don’t just love it when your truly nommy eats are also incredibly good for you??
We sure do. And that’s definitely the case with the recipe featured in this week’s Nutrition Bite…
Featuring 3 delicious and anti-inflammatory ingredients: cherries, cinnamon and coconut oil.
Read all about why these ingredients are part of every anti-inflammatory diet (as well as 27 others!) and get 24 more recipes when you grab a copy of our bud Brian’s new collection,
BRAIN-HEALTHY BROCCOLI FARINATA
chickpea flour, broccoli, chives, extra-virgin olive oil
TIMES AND SERVINGS
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
2 cups chickpea flour
3 cups water, room temperature
½ small broccoli head
¼ cup chives
1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
1. In a big bowl add the chickpea flour, salt, and black pepper, and then stir. Add water into the mixture, pouring a little at a time. Whisk everything energetically, taking care not to form lumps.
2. Cover with a lid and let it rest in the refrigerator overnight. Remove the farinata batter from the refrigerator and skim off and discard any foam that has been formed on top of the mixture.
3. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
4. Remove the broccoli florets from the stalk. Chop the broccoli florets into 1-inch pieces and place them in a blender or in a food processor. Pulse until rice-sized pieces form. Finely chop the chives and save 1 tablespoon for garnish.
Add the broccoli rice and chives into the batter and mix everything.
5. Lightly grease a non-stick deep oven tray with ½ tablespoon olive oil, and pour the batter into the oven tray once the oil is hot and cook for about 25-30 mins until brown and crusty. .
6. Transfer the farinata to a cutting board. Sprinkle with chopped chives and a few grinds of black pepper. Cut into squares and serve hot or cold.
P.S. The new anti-inflammatory guide and recipe book you get FREE when you sign up for The Age-Defying Secret Summit today is amazing!
In the first half, you’ll discover what research shows are nature’s 31 most potent anti-inflammatory foods, herbs, and spices.
In the second half, you’re getting 25 easy and delicious new recipes that incorporate those potent anti-inflammatory ingredients.
(Don’t miss the Chocolate Cranberry Happy-Brain Hummus and the Heart-Cheery Cherry French Toast… DELICIOUS!)