RECIPE: An Easy Way To Get More Magnesium
This NB we focus on magnesium, with a FAB recipe from our wonderful friend and supporter, Sarah Otto at Goodness Lover (details how to get 8 other recipes, below)
Why care about magnesium?
Optimum magnesium levels help with anything and everything gut — and brain-related. Whether you want to wake up feeling invigorated, boost exercise performance, fight depression, or just calm your nerves so you can sleep well, you need plenty of magnesium to regulate gut bacteria so you can achieve all of the above.
Magnesium-packed Smoothie Bowl
A great way to start your day and make sure you have your recommended dietary intake of magnesium is with this magnesium-packed smoothie.
Serve: 1 Person
- ¼ cup cashews (soak for at least 2 hours, but best soaked overnight)
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 dates
- 2 Tbsp cacao powder
- 1 banana, frozen
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1½ cups unsweetened almond milk (or non-dairy milk of choice)
- Sliced almonds
- Chia seeds
- Cacao nibs
- Desiccated coconut
- Nut butter (e.g. cashew or almond)
- Vegan chocolate spread (optional)
1. Blend ingredients in a food processor until mixture is smooth and creamy.
2. Adjust milk quantity until you get the desired consistency.
3. Pour into a bowl and garnish with sliced almonds, chia seeds, cacao nibs, desiccated coconut, nut butter and vegan chocolate spread.
So many delicious, nutritious options!
Best part is this smoothie and the others in the collection are SO GOOD for your gut…
Speaking of the all-important Gut Health…
Did you know that your vagus nerve is the massive superhighway that carries all major information from your gut to your brain?
From digestion to immunity to mood regulation, it’s there silently playing its part.
Unfortunately, infection, inflammation, and stress—things that we can’t avoid—can weaken this crucial nerve.
But how can you tell if your vagus nerve is still functioning in top form… or if it’s hanging by a thread?
Sarah to the rescue, again! She’s just put out a brand-new ebook called Activating The Vagus Nerve: 7 At-Home Strategies For Stress, Anxiety, Depression, & Digestion.
You may remember Sarah and her husband Matt Potts are the creators of ‘The Gut Solution’, ‘The Gut-Immune Solution’, and ‘The Inflammation Solution’.
When you get your copy of their amazing new ebook, you’ll discover:
- The signs and symptoms of a damaged vagus nerve (watch out – they can be easily confused with other causes)
- How your vagus nerve runs the show in your parasympathetic nervous system, modulating both your sensory and motor systems
- 7 powerful and all-natural ways you can reactivate your vagus nerve at home (without any fancy equipment or tech)
AND… when you sign up to get your copy you’ll get the chance to ALSO download the book where today’s recipe comes from. Namely, “9 Delicious Smoothies for Brain & Gut Support”. 😀
2 for 1!