VEGAN RECIPE: Energy Boosting Maca Cacao Truffles
Love chocolate and nut butters? On any given day, this combo can give you a much-needed energy boost AND satisfy your sweet tooth.
In just 20 minutes you can create these nommy little balls of extra energy, NO Starbx required!
Energy Boosting Maca Cacao Truffles
What’s maca? It’s an ancient Peruvian superfood that’s high in both fiber and protein, and known to increase your stamina, boost your energy and even help your hormones (endocrine system).
It’s chock full of amino acids (protein builders), vitamins B1, B2, B, C, D, E (to name a few), minerals like Iron, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, calcium and copper.
You already know cacao is a superfood, including being a fab source of antioxidants, “happiness” alkaloids phenylethylamine, theobromine, and anandamide, as well as fiber, magnesium and iron.
- 1 TSP cinnamon
- 2 TSP vanilla
- 1/4 TSP Himalayan salt
- 3 TBSP raw honey or organic agave syrup
- 1/2 cup maca powder
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup almond or coconut milk (try a blend!)
- 1 cup raw nut butter (almond is delish)
- Optional: 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1. Add all ingredients (except the coconut) to your mixing bowl or food processor.
2. Mix or blend until nice and smooth.
3. Roll heaping tablespoons of the mixl into individual balls and place on some waxed paper.
TIP: Coat your spoon and fingers in a light oil (like avocado – or even coconut for extra flavour). This will decrease sticky residue and add a touch of omegas. 😀
4. Optional: Roll the balls in coconut until evenly coated.
*You can double or even triple the recipe to make more and store them in the fridge or freezer.
*If you like coconut, go ahead and add the coconut into the mixer and have it all-in-one.
*For an extra cacao boost, roll in cacao instead of coconut. It’ll be more bitter, but if you love chocolate, you’ll love the addition.
Remember, your energy level is directly related to the food you choose to eat.
Our friend and supporter Cyrus has a brand new report on just this:
3 Tips to Boost Your Energy and Feel 10 Years Younger
Using Your Food as Medicine
Hope you love the recipe. Let us know any variations you create!