How To Use Visualization And Meditation For Health (and Wealth)
In this Nutrition Bite we not only share why meditation is an effective way to improve your health (and other areas of your life)… But HOW, with some step-by-steps you can start using today!
Visualizing and meditation are age-old practices that have been proven to be effective tools to enhance our self-awareness and help us focus on what truly matters in life.
Research has shown that mentally visualizing something is almost as effective as physically practicing it.  Think about it: How can you act effectively without mentally preparing yourself for it first?
Moreover, due to the astonishing benefits of meditation, the number of U.S. citizens incorporating the practice of meditation in their daily life has tripled since 2012.
Power of Meditation and Visualization for Optimal Health
Visualization meditation is a popular method used for calming the mind while the body is relaxed by imagining pleasant pictures, concepts, symbols, or affirmations. It’s especially powerful when you build on the positive feelings these images create. A visualization meditation may be used to relieve pain, offer love to individuals near and far, or help you achieve your goals.
Meditation is the practice of training your mind to focus and redirect your thoughts regularly. This technique can assist you in becoming more aware of your surroundings and yourself. Most of us regard it as a means of reducing stress and improving attention.
The main distinction between visualization and regular meditation is that visualization is a more active form of meditation.
Regular meditation aims to cleanse one’s thoughts and direct one’s attention to the present moment. The goal of visualization meditation is to engage your imagination and create visuals and feelings with your mind actively.
According to a study conducted by Dr. Traci Stein, Ph.D., a clinical psychologist, the decade-long notion held by various psychologists that mental pictures you produce may have a powerful influence on your body is, in fact, completely true. 
Moreover, Stephen Kosslyn, a Ph.D. neurologist, confirms that visualization engages the same neural networks as real task execution, which can help to enhance the link between our body and brain.
To better understand this phenomenon, let’s consider the study by Bärbel Knäuper, Ph.D., where he proved that people who visualized eating healthier were much more successful in doing so than those who didn’t. Hence, it was concluded that visualization meditation allows you to plan better and results in a higher chance to achieve your goals.
So, if you want to begin a vegan diet, start visualizing and meditating. How? Keep reading to find out!
How To Meditate
It is a popular but false belief that meditation is mainly focused on your breathing. Although there are various ways to meditate, the main goal is to clear your brain from all the unnecessary noise by focusing on one thing in depth. If you want to try the classic breathing meditation technique, follow the steps below.
- Sit or lay comfortably.
- Shut your eyes but, be mindful not to shut them hard. Just be natural with it.
- Now place your tongue against your palate, close your lips, and breathe through your nose.
- Deeply inhale into your abdomen.
- Exhale slowly and deeply via a slightly open mouth until your lungs are empty.
- As you inhale and exhale, concentrate on your breath. If it seems right, count your breaths.
Keep repeating this process until you find your brain relaxing and reaching a calm state. Once you do, imagine yourself healthy, inside out, completely free of all illnesses and ailments. The air that enters your nostrils clears out everything toxic inside your body and releases it with every breath you exhale.
- Slowly rub the palm of your hands together until they are warm.
- Next, place your right palm on the top of your heart, on your chest.
- Visualize your heart, surrounded by a warm light. That is your body being healed.
- Then envision that energy is spreading throughout your entire body and thoughts.
- Send that energy out via your hands to loved ones or the world around you whenever you are ready.
How To Visualize Better Health
- Sit tall in a chair or cross-legged stance.
- Deeply inhale and exhale through your nose.
- Continue to concentrate on deep breathing while letting your thoughts pass by.
- Begin visualizing a specific result you wish to manifest in your life. For inner healing, try visualizing a bright light surrounding you and healing the affected part of the body.
- Make the images as detailed as possible. The more particular you are, the more effective your message will be.
- Simultaneously, imagine and embody how you will feel after receiving the result. How do you feel? What is your facial expression? What are your emotions? Paint and manifest the picture as real as possible.
How To Incorporate Visualization and Meditation in Your Daily Life
Serena Poon, a world-renowned reiki master, suggests that you make it a point to take at least 20 minutes out of your life to visualize and meditate. Once you feel its benefits, you will not be able to stop.
Moreover, she suggests that it is better to visualize in the morning and before you go to bed.  However, if you find it hard to take out this much time, don’t fret because studies have shown that even as few as 5 minutes of daily visualization and meditation can effectively provide health benefits, both mental and physical. 
How To Visualize Better Finances
Our health and wealth are interconnected. The less you worry about monetary issues, the better you will feel physically and mentally. People damage their health by working hard in the pursuit of wealth. But you can visualize a better financial situation for yourself.
All you have to do is follow the above mentioned guide but visualize your bank account showing a higher amount of money. Embody how confident, stress-free, safe, and secure you would feel at that moment. Envision yourself feeling relieved that money no longer is a hurdle between incorporating a healthier diet and lifestyle.
As a final reminder, you need to remember that success lies in the feeling. The more you feel into the positive, happy feelings during visualization and meditation, the better you will perform. The only limit is what your brain and imagination can create and understanding its importance could prove to be the first step you take towards changing the course of your life for the better.